Saturday, May 3, 2008

It's Saturday!!

Wow...the second week is almost at an end. Today, my friend Karen had a water aerobics class for me at her house at 7 a.m. I was really surprised that I could do everything she asked me to do. We exercised for one hour in the pool and my arms, legs and abdomen felt it. We then had a nice light breakfast on the patio.

I came home and took care of all my plants, cut grass on the lawn mower, cleaned out one freezer and am now defrosting the other. I am going to do laundry and sew for the rest of the day.

I have walked every day this week with the exception of yesterday. I don't seem to be losing any weight but I do not feel as bloated as I have in the past. I feel like I have a lot more energy.

Weigh in is on Monday but even if I don't lose any weight, I know I am changing my lifestyle for the better and am actually starting to look forward to exercising.

A friend just e-mailed me to tell me that I inspired his wife to join a gym and start exercising. Me......me? I inspired someone?

This journey from obesity is really helping me to see that I AM a pretty nice person. For years, I guess my obesity stood in the way of my self worth and I never truly took a good look at myself. What is nice is that other people are helping me to see that....I am worth it! I am worth the time of day! I am worth giving myself time. I don't have to be everything to everyone else before taking care of myself.

Just another baby step on the path from obesity.

No comments: