Monday, May 12, 2008

Week Three - Close to first short term goal deadline

This week was a busy one. For Mother's Day, my husband and I drove to Tampa on Friday to spend time with our daughter, Jessie, who just moved back to Tampa from Philly. We also met her boyfriend, Jackson, who turns out to be a very nice guy but I would expect nothing less as the people from church set them up together.

Although I went on a trip and we ate out all meals, I surprised myself with my determination! On Saturday morning, I got up and went to an hour long aerobics class with Jessie at LA Fitness.

On Sunday morning, Mother's Day, I got up and went to the gym at the hotel. They had two treadmills, a bicycle and a step machine. When I looked in, there was a skinny blond and two guys in there...jock types...and I turned around and headed back to the room. I was too fat and too embarassed to go in there with them but then.....for some reason.....I told myself that I DESERVE to be in there just like them and I turned around and marched in! Well...the one treadmill wouldn't work but the guy told me he'd be done in 3 minutes. Do I leave or stay? I decided to stay and in doing so, I walked my 3 miles on the treadmill in a little less than one hour. The one guy who was still there when I finished told me he couldn't believe that I walked that far and that fast. It felt good to start my Mother's Day out that way.

I will say my only downfall this past weekend were onion rings at Smokey Bones. Yes....I had some...more than I should have but I got right back on track!

RESULTS..................................I LOST 3.5 POUNDS THIS WEEK!
TOTAL......................................9.5 POUNDS LOST
REMAINING TO SHORT TERM GOAL...................1/2 POUND BY NEXT SATURDAY WHEN
MY NIECE COMES TO VISIT...........I CAN DO THIS!!!

No comments: