Monday, October 28, 2019

It all starts here again after retirement

I have personally gone through many changes over the past year. It will be a year next month that we sold our forever home that we designed and built in Florida City, Florida. We then purchased a home in Land O Lakes (well Mr. Wonderful did as I could not go to see the home so we purchased it without me ever seeing it...total trust in my husband), downsizing like I never thought I could. Wow....all those years worth of things that had to be gone through. After moving out, I moved in with a friend from church as I still had a commitment at my job with John P. Maas, Esq. I managed his law office and for pleasure, was a columnist with the South Dade News Leader. Mr. Wonderful went back and forth from where I lived to our new house as he was renovating it. It was hard and after Christmas, my boss and I agreed that I could leave on March 30th of this year. March 30th came and I retired and moved to Land O Lakes. As I have told many, it took me a while but once I embraced downsizing, I became very happy with out home. I also tell everyone that I love where I live now but I definitely miss the people. I had so many friends and also clients who were like family and moving has taken me away from my safety net. Recently I have been reaching out more in order to meet more people in our area and I feel good about this. Finally, I really miss writing so I have decided to give rebirth to my Blog that I had started years ago and have never updated. My good friend Harry has encouraged me so here we go. I do hope that you will enjoy reading it, subscribe to it for updates and every now and then leave me a comment or two. As I tell my husband, I have no secrets and call it the way I see it so please...sit back and enjoy life through my eyes.

No comments: