Saturday, April 26, 2008

Repercussions of my Revelation

When I had previously posted the story below on another blog, I was worried as to what type of response I would get. I had a feeling that some may chastise me for putting myself out there to be hurt if I failed. I am here to tell you that I was so wrong.

I am truly humbled by the response of family and friends to my plan to blog about my obesity. Several of you have posted on the story below on my other blog and many of you have e-mailed me privately. You have made me feel so loved and cared for. Each and every one of you encouraged me to start my journey and follow through.

One of my friends told his girlfriend about my story. Today she showed up at my office door offering to do a water aerobics class for me. I have always wanted to try this but the classes never fit my schedule. Next Saturday at 7 a.m., we will begin at her house. I held myself together until she left my office and then I went for a walk and cried. I am overwhelmed that someone would take time for me! Me! Someone is taking time for me! Why does that sound so strange to me?

On Monday I will weigh in and post as to my loss or gain. I feel that I have had a good week food wise. Here is my week so far:
  • I stayed within my point target and ate very healthy.
  • I did not starve myself at all.
  • I walked Monday for 2 miles
  • I walked Tuesday for 2.5 miles
  • Walked Thursday for 2.5 miles
  • Walked today for 3 miles

No comments: