Thursday, June 12, 2008

A New and Useful Toy




Now that I have started my journey out of obesity, I have been through a series of pedometers and none of them have proved to be accurate or last for a long period of time. I researched the web after a friend told me about the model that her dietician recommended and I ended up ordering an Omron HJ 720ITC from Amazon.com for $29.95 with free shipping. About.com gave the following review:

The Omron HJ-720ITC Pocket Pedometer is a full-featured pedometer (steps, distance, calories) that also allows you to upload it all to enjoy graphs and charts of steps, aerobic steps, distance, calories and fat burned. The pedometer is of an advanced design that tolerates more tilt than many. It is also absolutely silent and very accurate.

I like the fact that it tracks your walking automatically. If you walk for over ten minutes at a brisk pace, it calculates it as aerobic minutes and separates it from just every day steps. With the computer interface, I upload and it will continue to keep track of your walking yearly and show the same in graphs. You can set goals and let you know if you met them.

The main thing is this is not a pedometer you can shake and get a false reading. You can also wear it in your pocket and don't have to clip it on your waist if you don't wish to. It is extremely accurate and I, being a visual person, find the graphs as an incentive to push myself further.

If you are looking for a pedometer, this one is worth the money.

No comments: