Saturday, March 7, 2009

YES I CAN! I SURVIVED BOOT CAMP!




I DID IT!

Today was our picnic and awards for Boot Camp. We went to the YMCA to weigh in and get measured and then traveled out to Bayfront Park for a bar-b-cue and the end of Boot Camp ceremonies.

Above is a picture of me with the trainers. Left to right is Mikey, me, Rico and O'Shun. We had a sack race (I did the geriatric walk), did hula hoop (can't get it going) and a tug of war. O'Shun grilled chicken breasts and we had a great salad and other healthy dishes It was great.

I really didn't think I lost a lot of weight but I knew I lost inches. Here are the results from perservering through 8 weeks of boot camp....

My Achievements

8 Week weight loss - 19 pounds
8 Week inch loss - 17 3/4 inches

Again I stress what a humbling experience this was. I feel stronger than I ever have and I am also proud that I took the chance and went to Boot Camp.

At the picnic, the trainers asked when you think of determination, who do you think of.......everyone answered "Doris." I won the Most Improved award and a 3 month membership at the YMCA.
More importantly, my self esteem has risen, I feel wonderful and I have some fantastic new friends.
Below is a picture of the three trainers and also a picture of a group of my supporters and teammates. Double click on them to enlarge.

I love each and every one of them......

Next Boot Camp is April and I am signing up! I CAN DO IT!!!!



No comments: