Thursday, October 30, 2008





GIRL'S TRIP ONLY....NO MEN MAY APPLY!

On October 9th, my friend Barbara and I traveled to Baltimore, Maryland where we met up with my childhood friend, Nancy. My birthday is October 13th and this was a birthday trip from my children. I hadn't spent my birthday in my hometown of Tamaqua, Pa. since I was 17. We spent two days with Nancy and on the 10th, she took us on a tour of Washington, D.C. and Arlington National Cemetery. We thoroughly enjoyed it and the weather was great. We visited the Smithsonian as well.

On October 11th, Nancy drove us to Lancaster, Pa. where we met my brother, Jay and his wife, Rosie at the Shady Maple...a very good restaurant. We then went to Intercourse, Pa. and neighboring places and enjoyed a day in Amish Country. At the end of the day, we drove to Brockton, Pa....just outside of Tamaqua, where my brother lives.

We stayed in the Tamaqua area until October 18th when we drove back to Baltimore and flew home. During our stay we did a lot of traveling to different areas such as the Poconos and Jim Thorpe. We went to an auction, visited with family and classmates and attended the surprise birthday party that I wrote about below.

The weather was wonderful and our trip was fantastic! Go to the link below for more pictures!

http://s99.photobucket.com/albums/l300/jolylady/Tamaqua%20Birthday%20Trip%2010-08/








No comments: