Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Feeling of Being Blessed......

Today I have had time to reflect on the events of yesterday and how blessed I feel I am. My daughter and son-in-law requested that I be the extra person attending the labor and delivery of my first Grandson. I am reflecting what I gained yesterday....

Besides a beautiful gift from God, Alexander Elias Ruiz, I also was able to be blessed in other ways....

  • I was able to feel like I was an integral part of delivering God's gift.
  • I was able to see the gift of true love and dedication that my daughter and her husband have for each other.
  • I was able to experience the true love that the children have for me.
  • I am able to realize that aging is a wonderful gift from God as I am given more blessings along the way.

God was with us in that labor and delivery room and his presence was felt. When I was handed the baby for the first time...maybe 10 minutes after he was born, God led my hands as I didn't plan it, but I made the sign of the cross on his forehead and blessed Alex in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost.

What more can I ask for in life..........................

No comments: