Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Memories of the Heart......

While attending my sister's wedding on August 4, 2007, my husband Elias and I got to visit with my cousins, Charise and Aimee. These girls and their sister Dawn and brother Joey are very special to us. When I moved to Florida after graduating in 1972, I moved in with their parents. During that time and after moving out, I continued to take the children places and spend time with them. I love being around the little ones. After marrying my husband, Elias, we would bring the kids down to our house for little vacations and sleep overs that continued when our own children were born.

At the wedding, the girls shared with us how much those visits meant to them and that those memories are some of their most vivid memories from their childhood. They told us what great times they had with us. They brought me to tears. You never know how much you can touch a life or what memories you can help to make.

God gave us the opportunity to provide childhood memories for these kids and we feel so blessed that they shared this with us.

No comments: